Home » What do we know about Sir Stirling Moss? Top 15 racing quotes.
What do we know about Sir Stirling Moss? Top 15 racing quotes.
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Stirling moss will always stay in our hearts. He’s the greatest man in autosport history. Let’s remember the best racing quotes by legend…
1. “I believe that if a man wanted to walk on water, and was prepared to give up everything in life, he could do it.” 2. “If everything is under control you are just not driving fast enough.” 3. “I was taught that everything is attainable if you are prepared to give up, to sacrifice, to get it. Whatever you want to do, you can do it, if you want it badly enough, and I do believe that. I believe that if I wanted to run a mile is four minutes I could do it. I would have to give up everything else in my life, but I could run a mile in four minutes. I believe that if a man wanted to walk on water and was prepared to give up everything else in life, he could do that.”
4. “To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
5. “Motion is tranquility.” 6. “If God had meant for us to walk, why did he give us feet that fit car pedals?” 8. “It’s hard to drive at the limit, but it’s harder to know where the limits are.”
9. “In order to finish first, you first have to finish.”
10. “We’ve got some very strong and robust ladies, but, when your life is at risk, I think the strain of that in a competitive situation will tell when you’re trying to win. The mental stress I think would be pretty difficult for a lady to deal with in a practical fashion. I just don’t think they have aptitude to win a Formula 1 race.”
11.”I am not a driver, I am a racer.”
12. “The main thing is to be honest with yourself, know and recognize your limits and attain maximum achievement within them. I would, for example, get more satisfaction from climbing Snowdon, which I know I could, than from attempting Everest, which I couldn’t.”
13. “You get to the stage when you almost looking down on yourself. When you get into that state, it’s the best state ever.”
14. “It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal.”
15. “There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love.”