2018 Formula 1 Australian GP results in pictures
Australian GP started with free practice on 23 March 2018. Valtteri Bottas crashed his car. Anyway, Lewis Hamilton took a podium position in F1 Qualification.
2018 Formula 1 Australian Qualification
F1 Qualification basic events
- Australian Grand Prix was the first for Russian Formula 1 driver Sergei Sirotkin and Charles Leclerc. In qualification- Leclerc took 18th and Sirotkin-19th.
- The Grand Prix of Australia became the first GP with Halo protection system, drivers were able to be adapted, but many F1 fans got negative expectations.
2018 Formula 1 Australian GP
F1 Australian race basic events
- Hamilton held the lead's position at the start. Magnussen was ahead of Verstappen. Hamilton, Raikkonen and Vettel drove at the same pace and coming off Magnussen.
- Pierre Gasly's car lost speed, releasing a cloud of smoke at 15th lap,the failure of the Honda.
- C. Sainz flew out after a mistake, returned to the track and went to the boxes, changing tires.
- K. Magnussen lost speed due to problems with the fastening of the rear left wheel and stopped in the fourth turn.
- R. Grosjean lost speed due to problems with the fastening of the front left wheel and stopped in the second turn. The Haas F1 loose both cars.
- S. Vettel spent a pit stop and drove ahead of Hamilton at the 26th lap .
- M. Verstappen was ahead of F. Alonso under the yellow flags and missed him at the request of the team.
- L. Hamilton upped the pace, trying to close the gap on S. Vettel but the interval wasn't changed. Hamilton was again attacked in last laps, but made a mistake under braking, losing a few seconds.
- In the last lap Hamilton played the backlog and was able to use DRS, but the rubber would not be enough to finish and the British dropped the pace. Sebastian Vettel won the Australian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton finished second, Kimi Raikkonen climbed the third step of the podium.
The fastest in Australian GP race was Daniel Ricciardo.
Fastest pit stop held by Red Bull F1 Racing Team.
More interesting news on imf1fan.com